A*ugust meeting Daddy for the first time:
Later, they got some much needed rest. We're thinking of getting one of these chairs for a guest bed as Sco*tt slept so well in this one.
Uncle J*oel and Grandma and Grandpa S:

And here is Doula Amy awaiting her turn. I cannot say enough about how much Amy meant to us during A*ugust's delivery. I have such vivid memories of specific moments during labor- many of them are of Amy's face or the sound of her voice guiding me through a tough moment. And after almost 24 hours, she is still smiling.

This one was the next day, but aside from the fact that the earlier pictures did not pass the modesty test, I just love the gown in this one. I imagine my mother wore one not unlike it when I was born.

Great Aunt Mary, Aunt M*eagan, and Aunt J*ennifer also came to the hospital to welcome A to the world, but unfortunately no pictures were taken. Aunt J*ennifer got to attend the birth, which was really special. When I had complications afterwards and they took me to the OR, I was so glad she was there to go with me.
Sco*tt's brother R*ich, his wife Ju*lie, and family, came to visit the day we got home. Our niece, Ce*lia, especially likes to hold Au*gust. Here she is, with her sister Hann*ah looking on.
Uncle Ron and Aunt D*ana threw us a little party:
Great Grandma Hammo*n visits on Labor Day.
Grandma L*inda came for a week and helped out. Both grandmas were a huge help, with lots of baby holding (and dishwashing.)
Zo*e, my sister J*ennifer's daughter, is, like all the cousins, quite interested in Baby A*ugust. A*ugust is a big girl, and we think she will soon overtake her cousin, who was born April 4. So Z*oe, be nice!
As for the rest of the family, Cooper is definitely more interested than Scout, although the novelty has worn off a bit since these pictures were taken.

No comments:
Post a Comment