Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's a girl!


Welcome! As a typical mom, I will write the majority of this blog about the new love of our lives, A*ugust. I expect that Aug*ust's stories are what will keep audiences in their seats, as they say. Let's see if I can get us caught up. If you're reading this, then you likely already know that Aug*ust was born overe two months ago, on the 22nd of Au*gust. At birth she weighed 6 lbs. 15 oz., and was 19" long. Since then, she has gained over 5 pounds and 4 inches.

Au*gust is such a wonderful baby, very alert when awake and, like all babies, so sweet when sleeping. As you can tell by her size, she loves to eat, and has been a good eater since the day she was born. She loves to listen to music, and in the morning will sit with Daddy and dance for as long as his arms will hold out.


Augu*st enjoys reading books and is now focusing on the pictures as well as listening.


Aug*ust loves to move- I think it was all those dog walks when I was pregnant. Daily walks are a must for all of us- mommy and her "babies." Augus*t doesn't look so happy in the first shot here, but then, we are stopped. I don't believe this was a comment on our local government.
*
In typical Minnesota fashion, it has quickly become down jacket weather. This great snowsuit came from my brother Jo*el's wife, Mi*nke. Min*ke, my sister Jen*nifer, my sister in law J*ulie, and friend Ci*ndy have been so generous, along with so many family and friends. We are very fortunate- not just for the things we've been given, but for all the love and support. Au*gust is a lucky little girl.

3 comments:

Mink*e said...

Yeah! I linked to you and added a post about it. I can't believe she already fits that snowsuit - she must be about the same size as my boys were several months later. And now my boys are bigger than the average three year old, though emotionally, I can tell you they are still very much two! I wish I had started blogging when they were tiny - I missed a lot of great milestones. I wonder what I was doing with my time? Can't remember....
-Auntie Mi*nke

Christine said...

Hi Emily,
I got the link from your Mom although I hear Minke linked you too. I was quilting last weekend, just got home. Molly made her first ever quilt which turned out great.

I'm happy I will be able to keep in touch about your lives through the blog.

Love,
Christine

Jennifer said...

Whoo-hoo! Welcome to blogland. I love August in the green snowsuit.

Isn't it crazy how babies come in and turn everything upside down?

--Jenny Johnson