Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Cemetery tour

A few weeks ago, my mom, sister Jen, niece Zoe and August went up north to visit the cemeteries where my grandma and her family are buried.

Riding in back looks like fun.....


We just made it through Lisbon ahead of the parade. Or were we part of the show? That's what these guys wanted to know.


Mom doing all the work.




They had some beautiful peonies in Lisbon.


This is just too sweet.


August is somewhat particular about who gets to hold her. Grandma Myra is in the club! One of the chosen few.




We hung out in the hotel with Myra, Jen, and V. Jen picked up Nine Dragons for us- we have to have that or Mexican Village every time we go up there. It's kind of a rule.


The next day, we went to the Fryin' Pan for breakfast. I'm sorry I didn't get any pictures- we were quite a crew. All the aforementioned plus Jess, Brad, and Will (and Emmy.)

After breakfast, we headed to DL to visit Grandma and Grandpa Nelson's spot, and to see the new headstone in person.


Zoe does the "crab crawl" because the cemetery grass in Lisbon was so pokie the day before.






And, of course, you can't go to DL without stopping at DQ.

August learned to drink from a straw.


No comment.


Proof that there were veggies.


I scream, you scream.....








A brief rest.


All tuckered out.




I wish August could have known her Great Grandma Nelson. She was not your typical grandma, but still loving and generous and kind, and I sure do miss her.

No comments: